1. If it is profitable, get more than one policy from the same insurer. Expect to save between five to fifteen percent if you choose to buy multiple policies from the same insurer. The multi-policy discount you get might be much less than what you'll get by getting your policies from different insurers. Therefore, make out time to check thoroughly.
2. Decide on a high deductible. Ensure your deductible is such that's within easy reach for you.
3. Where it is profitable, get your policies from the same insurer. This attracts discounts of close to 15% from some insurance companies. Please, note that you may save much more by purchasing your policies from different insurers. So, make out time to check properly.
4. Staying with the same insurance company for anytime above three years attracts concessions. The discounts given normally increases with the length of time you remain a policyholder. But do note that the discount you get for staying with an insurer may become insignificant if you compare it with what you could save by switching. So, do thorough evaluation before settling for this option. Just get new quotes from other insurance companies and then see if what you have as discount for staying loyal to your insurer is as much as what you will be given for switching.
5. While you do these other things to bring down your home insurance rates, here's something you can do to get lower rates today. Visit good quotes sites and obtain quotes. Visit at least three of such for the best results. It's free, quick and easy. Make sure you give your correct details as you complete the forms on each site. Thereafter, simply choose the quote that gives you the best price / value from the quotes you receive.